Help to protect rural character, agricultural heritage and environmental sustainability.
This year, the race will support a stipend for a farm intern next summer! This is a very exciting venture as it’ll allow the farmers to expand their CSA and program offerings. We can’t wait to see what they have in store. The first 30 registrants will get a beautiful tote bag with the Friends of Happy Acres logo.
The race will start and finish on Happy Acres Farm. Run the race for a PB or for fun then stay to shop the farmstand!
Bring a picnic and enjoy the farm after the race.
REGISTER HERE: Run for the Farm 5k/10k
Race Day Schedule:
- Race-day registration Opens 8:15 am
- Races start – 10:15 am
- 5K – $25 ($30 on race day)
- 10K – $35 ($40 on race day)
- Awards given in ten year age group increments. We have some great prizes and raffles shaping up!
- Stay tuned for more prizes as they roll in.
- Some parking is available at the farm up to a limit (about 50-70 cars). We strongly suggest that you park at Volunteer Park at approximately 61 Gaylordsville Road, Sherman, CT and car-pool if possible. The park is just 1 mile south of the farm. It would help everyone out! Parking is also OK along Edmonds Road and Route 39 along the farm property. Do not park on Taber Road or near the houses.
- The course is an out and back that will start on the farm, turn right onto Taber Road, then left onto Spring Lake Road with a turn around on Spring Lake.
- Follow the course back to the farm.
- There will be water at each turn around spot.
- If you’re doing the 10k, you’ll get to see all of Spring Lake Road which is stunning, especially in October.
- The roads will not be closed so please exercise caution as there are several blind turns/hills.
- We will have signs and volunteers and notices in the paper but it is up to you to use road sense!
Note: Happy Acres is a working farm, we like dogs but please leave them at home.